OUR Events and reminders
- OUR Project Funding applications for Summer and Fall Awards are now open. Summer applications will close March 21. Please make sure to consult with your mentor(s) when creating proposals. The OUR is offering help sessions to provide feedback and assistance with your proposals. Email a draft to Dr. Showalter prior to joining us at the Spring help sessions (Fall proposal sessions all available). These help sessions will provide a chance for you to hear how to most effectively write your proposals and receive feedback in order to revise prior to submitting the final proposal (hopefully, increasing your chances to be funded!).
- March 3, 4:00-5:00 pm, POE 214
- March 10, 11:00a – 12:00p, Broughton Hall 3216
- You can also email your proposal draft to Dr. Showalter for review (please note a delay in response may occur 3/11-3/20).
- Do you have a really great research mentor that you would like to recognize for their guidance, support, advice, etc.? Submit a nomination for the Michael Dickey Outstanding Research Mentor Award! Nominations are due by March 11.
- The OUR’s Spring Debunking Research discussion series still has upcoming sessions. To view titles, days/times, and locations, as well as register, visit and fill out this Google form. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Whether you’re presenting or attending, mark it on your calendar – the NC State Undergraduate Research & Creativity Symposium will be held April 26-27, 2022. You can review current information on our website and the submission site for instructions. Please review all information provided. Submissions are due by April 1.
- The Spring Sidewalk Symposium will be held on April 11 from 11:-00-1:00 outside of Talley. Submit your abstract by March 28. Review more information on the OUR website.
- Have an artistic and creative representation of your work? Consider submitting to the envisioning research contest. Read about the contest and submit by June 19.