The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Office of Education is pleased to announce the availability of the Ernest F. Hollings (Hollings) undergraduate scholarship for undergraduate students majoring in disciplines related to oceanic and atmospheric science, research, or technology, and supportive of the purposes of NOAA’s programs and mission. Over 100 students are selected each year for participation in the Hollings undergraduate scholarship program. This scholarship includes support for two years of undergraduate study and summer internship opportunities at NOAA facilities across the country.
For information on program benefits and how to apply, visit our website:
· Application Deadline: January 31, 2022
· US Citizen
· 3.0 GPA
· Be currently enrolled or accepted at an accredited college or university within the United States or U.S. territories as either:
· a full-time 2nd year student in a four-year undergraduate program,
· a full-time 3rd year student in a five-year undergraduate program, or
· a community college or transfer student who is applying to a four-year institution:
· community college or transfer students must provide proof of application to a four-year institution when submitting their application for the scholarship.
· if selected, applicant must submit proof of acceptance prior to starting the program
· Majoring in NOAA mission disciplines, including but not limited to: atmospheric science, biology, cartography, chemistry, computer science, education, engineering, environmental science, geodesy, geography, marine science, mathematics, meteorology, oceanography, physical science, photogrammetry, physics, etc.
For further information, contact the Office of Education Undergraduate Scholarship Programs at: StudentScholarshipPrograms@noaa.gov or (301) 628-2913.