NC State
MEAS Undergraduate Updates
JOB OPENING: Hey everyone! We have a job opening for a weekend meteorologist here at KWES in Midland-Odessa, Texas, a TEGNA station!
West Texas is an exciting place to live and work! After being here for a couple years, I’ve seen all kinds of weather, from tornadoes to 8″ snow storms to haboobs and everything in between! The Midland-Odessa area has lots of bars & restaurants, as well as museums and plenty to do! If you like hiking, It’s a few hour drive away from the mountains and Big Bend National Park! And there’s easy access to the big cities like Dallas, Houston, and Austin either by car or through Midland Int’l Airport.
As the weekend meteorologist, you would cover our weekend shows, fill in for myself and our morning meteorologist when we’re off, report on weather related stories, go storm chasing, and gain a ton of awesome experience! You’ll never be bored… that’s for sure!
I almost forgot to mention…we have a BRAND NEW STUDIO, which has been such a blessing during this weird year. I am the Chief Meteorologist, so feel free to contact me with any questions you may have, or if you just want to say hi! My email is afranze@newswest9.com. Thanks y’all!
Link to job posting: https://www.jobs.net/jobs/tegna/en-us/job/United-States/Meteorologist-MSJ/J3T2806X8DY15RTKW6N/